Boom-Pa

I will have more words at some point, but today I can only write to let you know that our family has suffered an enormous loss this week.  Scott Walker died Tuesday night from a massive heart attack.  He was our friend, our Daddy, our Boom Pa.  He held all of my babies, loved each of us extravagantly, and reminded me what it means to be a daughter.

We appreciate your prayers for our family and for the rest of the Walker family during this difficult time.  Services will be held at 11:00 Saturday morning at Christ Chapel Bible Church.

Click {here} to read about his life as published in the Fort Worth Star Telegram.

You may also like:

This entry was posted in Family and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Boom-Pa

1. Pingback: Full Circle | katherine sasser

2. Pingback: Summer Recap | katherine sasser

3. Pingback: Timm’s Birthday {39} | katherine sasser

4. Pingback: Lyrics I Love {Restless} | katherine sasser

5. Pingback: Rachel’s Birthday {24} | katherine sasser

6. Pingback: Convivium | katherine sasser

7. Pingback: Friday Pie-Day {Fried Pies} | katherine sasser

8. Andrea Johnson says:

Such an inspiring man!
    Boom-Pa did more for the body of Christ in his much too brief 60 years than most of us could do in twice that many years.
    I pray his life starts a tidal wave in the multitude of lives who were touched by him (starting with my own). He lived each day wholly devoted to the Lord and didn’t leave the Lord’s work unfinished or for tomorrow. His legacy, which he leaves completely for Christ’s glory, will be extensive.
    I am forever grateful for the way he showed my dear friend how precious she is and how easy she is to love.
    My prayers are with you, Katherine, and all of the Walker family as you miss him and celebrate him.
    He was certainly one of the greatest men I’ve ever met.
    Much Love,
    Andrea

9. Nikki Anderson says:

a beautiful tribute to a beautiful life. scott served others in such a gentle and inspiring way….i know that your family is forever different due to his love and devotion. love you k.

10. nicole says:

oh katherine, my heart is hurting with you. praying for comfort and grace that is deeper still. love you, love you.

11. TJ Wilson says:

Sweet, sweet pics, K. Surreal to see his photo in the paper this morn. Keep the memories and descriptions of his legacy coming… love you.

12. Teri Thatcher says:

I am so very sorry for what you have lost, Janina and kids as well.

13. Tamara Martin says:

Oh K, I am so sorry for you all! My heart aches with you guys and I will be praying for your family and the Walkers. Praise the Lord for his life!

14. Ashlee Mason says:

Praying for you and the Walker family. What a wonderful man and a wonderful life he lived. Love you.
    -Ashlee

15. Dayna Corley says:

Katherine,
    Last time we spoke was a few weeks ago at TCBC and you were on your way to hug on the Walkers necks who were there that morning. I know they filled in the gaps and will be sorely missed. I will be praying for you all and the Walker family. What an inspiration they were and are to those who only knew them on the fringe.

Love,

Dayna

16. Sandra Sasser says:

SO sorry for your loss…what a wonderful man and example of Christ’s love walking he was…prayers for all of you as well and Janina and family.

17. Sarah says:

Such beautiful pictures. Such an amazing man. My heart aches for all of you. You have our love and prayers.

18. Kelly Breedlove says:

Sweet friend, I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you, your family and the Walker family.
    With love,