Cucumber Feta Salsa is one of my all-time favorite warm weather appetizers. Less of a recipe, more of a formula of ingredients that meld together into something delicious, Cucumber Feta Salsa hits all the right flavor notes for me. Cool, crunchy cucumber, salty feta cheese, a splash of lemon, a touch of heat from the red onion, and the brightness of dill.
Pile it all on top of a pita chip, and watch it disappear.
I also think this also works well as a topping for grilled chicken or as a side dish with grilled salmon. And let’s be honest, sometimes this can stand in for dinner in a pinch. Pour a glass of rosè and nibble to your heart’s content. Who needs a main course?
Below is a video tutorial which will walk you through this recipe. Enjoy!
Cucumber Feta Salsa
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 bunch fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Stir together all the ingredients. If you like more heat, add more red onion. Serve immediately.