Hey, Summer, I see you! Peeking your head over the horizon, promising longer days and warmer nights. I see you, and I’m ready!
Bring on all the summer menu staples, including this insanely delicious shrimp and avocado dip. Technically it is an appetizer, but if you ask me, on a summer evening, this is my dinner. Pour me a glass of something crisp and cold, pass the chips, and color me happy.
Bring this to your next pool-side party, share it with a friend who just had a baby, or make a batch for no good reason other than it’s summer and you want to.
In addition to the recipe, below you can find a video tutorial walking you through the entire process, start to finish!
Shrimp and Avocado Dip
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, cut into small dice
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, cut into small dice
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate, or serve immediately with tortilla chips (I like blue corn!).
Leave a Reply