If you saw the Roast Beef Sliders post last week, then you may have noticed this golden beauty in the backdrop. A few of you even emailed, wondering about the side dish in the shot. This is none other than Sweet Corn Pudding, and she is fantastic.
All of the ingredients get whirred together in the food processor, then baked in the oven. That’s it. End of instructions. And yet, this is not one of those “too good to be true” recipes. This really is the best sweet corn pudding I know. Golden on top, soft and sweet inside, with the flavor of corn at the center of every bite.
Because this pudding is sweet, you want to pair it with really savory salty menu items. This is why it is mandatory with the Roast Beef Sliders. I cannot make one without the other. They play off of each other perfectly.
I hope you’ll give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!
Sweet Corn Pudding
- 2 pounds frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8X8X2-inch glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor, and blend until almost smooth. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish.
- Bake pudding until brown on top and the center is just set, about 45-55 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, and serve hot.
Leave a Reply